Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

So i just got my new z the other day and i bought it with an exhaust on it. was installed by the previous owner. i started looking at it and realized i had no idea who made it. it wasnt a traditional brand at all. on the tips of the exhaust it says "Silverline" so i ran a search and all i could fine was ASNA deisal exhaust. has any heard of Sliverline catbacks for F-bodies??? if so are they any good or should i pull it off? i sounds great and screams beautifully when you open it up.

thanks
Allen
Old 07-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bet he doesn't have a catback on it

i doubt that is the company that makes it. i bet they just welded in a random muffler and bought aftermarket tips for the stock catback. the reason why you're seeing a deisel company is our tips are 3" tips. we usually have to go to the truck tips section to buy our tips because normal car tips are 2.5" and under and won't fit on our car. i bet they're just simply a set of truck tips because he couldn't find any other tips for his car that he thought look nice.

check for a brand name on the muffler or post a pic of it and we'll try to see what's going on here.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so i think i may have solved my mystery. finally stopped being lazy and i crawled under the car and took a look at the muffler and the piping. after cleaning off the muddy water that had been splashed up on it i found it to be a magnaflow. take a look.
[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]