Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my TB, very pleased

Old 07-22-2006, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just installed my TB, very pleased

Just thought I'd give a big thumbs up to www.ls1tech.com. Got my S3 TB from him last week and installed it. It took a month to get it, but it was worth the wait.

I honestly wasn't expecting much, and didn't expect to FEEL the difference, but MAN..... I just punched it a few times. It was awesome. FWIW it feels like a 20hp difference.

For the first time driving my car, since I first bought it, I actually got a little scared at the acceleration. I feel like I just uncorked my motor (and probably did). Should've done this mod a long time ago.

Seems like it could be one of the (now solved) problems of my low dyno numbers. Best bang/buck mod I've done so far. No doubt.

Last edited by orangeapeel; 07-23-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned

very nice..

you wont see more than 1-2 horse but the seat of the pants makes a BIG difference on accel.

I had the same one. Just sold it in favor of the fast 90/90 setup
Old 07-23-2006, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
you wont see more than 1-2 horse

Check out www.ls1tech.com or www.ls1tech.com sites. There you'll find some dyno graphs that disprove this.

Chris

Last edited by orangeapeel; 07-23-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Banned

if you want to link dyno graphs thats cool. I had the shaner and I KNOW what I gained. I am not trying to start an arguement and I WISH YOU WELL with the horse gain. I hope you do see the 20 horse you believe you gained.

(thats not being sarcastic.. I am serious).

Anyways.. best wishes.

Just figured I would drop in and let you know HOW MY experience was.

Not everyone elses.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mean02Z28

Check out www.ls1tech.com or www.ls1tech.com sites. There you'll find some dyno graphs that disprove this.

Chris

P.S. I dont see a shaner in your sig. Are you just basing it on what OTHER people claim?

Again, I have HAD it and I HAD IT DYNOED. I know the truth about the one I owned on MY car.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

I know that "feel" isn't good for much, but I definitely noticed a difference. Most people who've dynoed seem to see between 8 and 12 rwhp with supporting mods.

My TB was previously stock. No bump stop mod even. ported TBs are a very tried and true mod.

Plus, this isn't for a STOCK motor. I have heads/cam/headers/lid/exhaust/tune......

Either way, I'm very happy. For the $$, you can't go wrong.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

I have two of shaner's tb's. One on my camaro and one on my wife's TA. Great pieces!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverTA2002
I know that "feel" isn't good for much, but I definitely noticed a difference. Most people who've dynoed seem to see between 8 and 12 rwhp with supporting mods.

My TB was previously stock. No bump stop mod even. ported TBs are a very tried and true mod.

Plus, this isn't for a STOCK motor. I have heads/cam/headers/lid/exhaust/tune......

Either way, I'm very happy. For the $$, you can't go wrong.
Sounds worth the trouble.

Do you send him your TB and he ports it, or do you just buy a whole new Tb from him?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me thinks the links were replaced by the mod's....
Old 07-23-2006, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BitViper
What's kinda funny was that I didn't have a link in my thread.

I just posted thanks to (his name) and that got replaced with ls1tech.com.

Hmm...... Taking all the credit here are we?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Louie83
Sounds worth the trouble.

Do you send him your TB and he ports it, or do you just buy a whole new Tb from him?
I did a core charge, and am shipping my stock TB back to him.

You can send it to him as well (if you don't mind not being able to drive your car for a while).
Old 07-23-2006, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
P.S. I dont see a shaner in your sig. Are you just basing it on what OTHER people claim?

Again, I have HAD it and I HAD IT DYNOED. I know the truth about the one I owned on MY car.
Not trying to insult your experience, but your original statement about not seeing more than 1-2 hp was too generalized IMO. When I read what you wrote, you made it seem that the idea of gaining more than 1-2 hp was not likely. What I am simply saying is that other people have gained more than that. There are some local guys in my area that have a ported TB or have experimented with one and have evidence to disprove what you said. I myself do not have one, however I have had the opportunity to try one and was impressed enough with it that I am currently having mine ported. Again, sorry if I insulted what you said, but I do not agree.

I do agree with what Wyckedcamaro said in that a ported TB can make a big difference in acceleration. IMO the TB should be modified for the "toe-in" improvement over the power improvement. The biggest difference I have noticed is the improvement in throttle response. I experienced this on a car with only bolt-on modifications.

I am glad you are happy with your results silverTA2002. I look forward to getting my TB back so I can hopefully enjoy the same experience you had with yours.

Chris
Old 07-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BitViper
read the bottom of his post.

Last edited by orangeapeel : Today at 02:46 AM.
shaner's not a sponsor i believe.

FWIW, thunder racing claims gains of up to 7rwhp from their ported TB alone.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

You think if I got a new TB for a 3.8 i'd feel it in my pants too?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmadi6490
You think if I got a new TB for a 3.8 i'd feel it in my pants too?
haha, that statement sounds hilarious ^^^

i think you'd feel better throttle response, but no great SOTP gain. with a V6 you'll probably only see 3 or so hp.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:55 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've given Mark plenty of chances to sponsor the boards, but if he does well enough without our help, more power to him.

BTW - If anyone re-posts a link or contact info, it's an insta-ban.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:00 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silverTA2002
What's kinda funny was that I didn't have a link in my thread.

I just posted thanks to (his name) and that got replaced with ls1tech.com.

Hmm...... Taking all the credit here are we?

It is nutswinging and pimping that get your posts altered or locked. For The Record.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mean02Z28
Not trying to insult your experience, but your original statement about not seeing more than 1-2 hp was too generalized IMO. When I read what you wrote, you made it seem that the idea of gaining more than 1-2 hp was not likely. What I am simply saying is that other people have gained more than that. There are some local guys in my area that have a ported TB or have experimented with one and have evidence to disprove what you said. I myself do not have one, however I have had the opportunity to try one and was impressed enough with it that I am currently having mine ported. Again, sorry if I insulted what you said, but I do not agree.

I do agree with what Wyckedcamaro said in that a ported TB can make a big difference in acceleration. IMO the TB should be modified for the "toe-in" improvement over the power improvement. The biggest difference I have noticed is the improvement in throttle response. I experienced this on a car with only bolt-on modifications.

I am glad you are happy with your results silverTA2002. I look forward to getting my TB back so I can hopefully enjoy the same experience you had with yours.

Chris
Its all good bro. Thats why we have a message board. To Debate. We are all internet mechanics lol.

I really hope it DOES give you the 7rwhp you think you might gain. I hate to see a man upset over a mod. Maybe mine just sucked?

lol
Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
It is nutswinging and pimping that get your posts altered or locked. For The Record.
Good to know.

I always thought it was just linking or spamming that's the problem.

Personally, I think it would be complete BS if we were only allowed to discuss sponsors of the board on a FREE DISCUSSION message board. They're paying YOU for the rights to post and have specials, discounts, advertising etc. here.

They shouldn't be paying you to CENSOR the posts of members here.

I understand no linking or spamming, but not allowing us to give props to people who don't pay to be here? I dunno....... kinda borderline.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I think you mean "nutswing and pimping" to non-sponsors.

People give good reports of mods from sponsors all the time that aren't altered.

Apparently, we're only allowed to enjoy and talk about mods that come from sponsors??

I work for a local paper. There's a moral dilemna when the Advertising department dictates what goes on in the NEWS side of things.

Again, I understand the no spamming or linking thing. But, you deleted the NAME of the person the mod came from. Give me a break.

Is it ok to tell people I also rented a movie from Blockbuster last week?

Search this Thread