Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any tricks to get rid of exhaust rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any tricks to get rid of exhaust rattles?

I'm running the Corsa catback with FLP long tubes. I had previously had an issue with the corsa muffler where something broke off inside and rattle like crazy. Sent that in, they tested, sent a new one back and I was all set.

Fast forward about 3 years and now I'm getting the rattles again. Before I jump to any conclusions about the muffler I'm going to check all the connections and clearances around heat shields.

Is there any trick to setting up pipes so they don't touch things? There is also an exhaust hanger that slides up on the passenger side that moves way too much. Is there a way to make it more fixed? It seems like this can't be that hard but jesus I can't seem to get it to stop touching things and rattling.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason when I got my cutout installed the exhaust rattled like crazy. The guy tack-welded the clamp holding the y-pipe and I-pipe together. He tacked it only on one side so I could still take the exhaust off when I needed to. Problem solved.

Find a someone with a lift, start the car and lift it up and hold in different spots of the exhaust and it will help you pinpoint the spot. Exhaust rattles are bitches I know.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-formula 93
For some reason when I got my cutout installed the exhaust rattled like crazy. The guy tack-welded the clamp holding the y-pipe and I-pipe together. He tacked it only on one side so I could still take the exhaust off when I needed to. Problem solved.

Find a someone with a lift, start the car and lift it up and hold in different spots of the exhaust and it will help you pinpoint the spot. Exhaust rattles are bitches I know.
Im having the same problem with my cutout. Its annoying the hell outta me! So i wanna find out how to fix it too.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:10 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dynamat works wonders in some hard to work places.