Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 intake manifold vs. LS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 intake manifold vs. LS6

I'm picking up a ported LS6 intake that's supposed to be in good shape for next to nothing because the guy has no use for it anymore. Is it worth the time and effort to swap out the ls1 intake on my 2000 trans am...or should I spend them money for an aftermarket one...(slp, lingenfelter, holley, etc.). Also, i want to port my stock tb, but it seems that it won't do much good unless u replace the blade, and if you don't port behind the blade...will that disrupt airflow?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's worth it. If you're not swapping it out... I'll take it. P&P tb is well worth it. It's pretty much a free mod that will gain 7-10 rwhp, proven on the dyno.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both the LS6 intake and ported throttle body are well worth it. I've added both to my car. Possibly worth up to 20 rwhp.

On the throttle body porting, the main thing that is done is grinding out the ridge in front of the tb blade to allow air a smoother path to the blade.