Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for 1 7/8 LTs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust for 1 7/8 LTs?

Today I my 1 7/8 kooks came in the post I was wondering what exhaust will make the most power with these and the ory, 3'' TDs?Or something else I have LM but thinking of selling for better set up if there is one.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duals should net a little more power than an ory set-up.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:07 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Louie83
Duals should net a little more power than an ory set-up.
I think so to, but don't let 300bhp dude see this though. He will argue to the moon that the y-pipe is the setup to have up to a certain "BHP".
Old 07-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I think so to, but don't let 300bhp dude see this though. He will argue to the moon that the y-pipe is the setup to have up to a certain "BHP".

i would think TD's will likely be better if they're well bent, well planned and good parts/merges are made. that being said, if you have a mediocre installer, there is no reason why a y-pipe setup cannot outperform TD's. there is no law that says just because they're true duals they are better than a catback. if you're going for all out power, 3 inch mandrel bent true duals with dynomax bullets dumped before the axel with an H-pipe will likely have the best gains. contrary to popular belief, i'm starting to believe that an H-pipe actually makes more power under the curve than an X-pipe too FWIW. X-pipes are good for peak power but suffer down low. H-pipes make more power all around recent knowledge is starting to show. prepare for one hell of a loud cruise though.

X-pipes are overrated (dyno results):
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/332088-true-dual-owners-x-h.html