Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header install

Old 07-27-2006, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Header install

Ok im going to start my edelbrock long tube header install tommarow night and have searched but couldnt find any instructions. I dont really need them but it is always nice to have a guide so does anyone know where to find one? If not I only really need to know how to remove the dipstick?
Old 07-27-2006, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbolt the dipstick from the head and pull it out. Easy as pie.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a bolt on the pass side head, un bolt it and pull. Like was said above, its easy as pie.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by scotts94_z28
Ok im going to start my edelbrock long tube header install tommarow night and have searched but couldnt find any instructions. I dont really need them but it is always nice to have a guide so does anyone know where to find one? If not I only really need to know how to remove the dipstick?
Unbolt the 15 mm bolt and pull it out. Before you take the manfiold off on that side. You will need to take the steering shaft out, the oil diverter plate off and then the header slides in on the drivers side if you have the car in the air high enough. No cutting off the ear on the block etc. Just remember. Believe 10% of the 80% of information people will post on here, and you'll come out smarter and with less headaches. LOL

Search this Thread