Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Borla Setup ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudest Borla Setup ?

I am upgrading to the Borla exhaust and would like to know what will be the loudest full exhaust setup for the car including y or x pipe - what will be the difference between the x and y pipe sound ? also will be going with the pacesetter longtubes and dont plan on running any cats. Also is there a difference in sound between the plated borla system and the standard ?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

If you want to go with a borla you can not run an x pipe. Your only choice is a y. do a search. Their is alot of info out there, but it all comes down to personal preference. Read alot and decide where you want to go from there.

scott
Old 07-29-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to sure, i have borla with QTP's and ORY, and open plate and it is pretty damn loud when you get on it sounds like the world is coming to an end....
Old 07-29-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LastHawk02
Not to sure, i have borla with QTP's and ORY, and open plate and it is pretty damn loud when you get on it sounds like the world is coming to an end....
Add a cam to the above and then Tom Cruise and war of the worlds becomes evident. The difference between full plate on and off is huge.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Add a cam to the above and then Tom Cruise and war of the worlds becomes evident. The difference between full plate on and off is huge.
I can vouch for this...

I have FLP LT, FLP Y pipe, Borla Catback, bolt ons and a TR cam. When you mash the pedal, the world stops and listens
Old 07-29-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
i think i know what my next mod is going to be, i need to save a lil though
Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have headers, ORY, open borla, and a cam. At idle its somewhat loud, it roars when you start it up. When you drive agressivly, its verry loud. If you leave it in gear (m6) take it to redline and let off the gas it acually sounds even louder than WOT.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Launching!

I have a borla cat-back on my mostly stock 98 ss. I want to get headers and possibly catted y to keep the noise down, i had super loud cars in the past and i'm not wanting to go that route. When I bought the car is came with the borla cat-back so that was a bonus. I think its open now as most of the rumble is comming out the pass. side but its not that loud at all with the sock man. and y. I'm looking to do mods, cam, intake, headers but I want to retain a nice deep but not really loud exhaust. Have any of you tried with the 1/4 plate or totally closed with headers, how is the sound, thanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerScott
I have a borla cat-back on my mostly stock 98 ss. I want to get headers and possibly catted y to keep the noise down, i had super loud cars in the past and i'm not wanting to go that route. When I bought the car is came with the borla cat-back so that was a bonus. I think its open now as most of the rumble is comming out the pass. side but its not that loud at all with the sock man. and y. I'm looking to do mods, cam, intake, headers but I want to retain a nice deep but not really loud exhaust. Have any of you tried with the 1/4 plate or totally closed with headers, how is the sound, thanks.
Full block off is very quiet. That is with lth, ory, and cam (116 lsa).