Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lakewood safety loop question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lakewood safety loop question

So I just put on my Lakewood DS safety loop and the bottom of the torque arm touches the passenger's side mounting bracket (shown in pic). Is this going to be an issue? I don't think the TQ arm will move much but I know it will move a little relative to the safety loop. Also, I can't believe how sh_tty the stock TQ arm looks. It honestly looks like half of it was just molten lave that dried in the form of a TQ arm whereas some of it looks stamped. Are they all this crappy looking? I don't intend to replace it until I get a 12 bolt back there.

Oh and one of my new cutout
Old 07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The molten lava stuff is there to protect it from rust, its spray on stuff. They all look like that. Nice cutout . As far as the torque arm hitting the dsl, have you tried putting the chassis on jackstands and lowering the rear axle to see how far the axle has to go down before the tq arm hits?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now that I think about it that's how I had it jacked up...the stands were holding the body of the car up so the rear was all the way down. I guess with the car sitting normally it will have a lot more clearance.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Now that I think about it that's how I had it jacked up...the stands were holding the body of the car up so the rear was all the way down. I guess with the car sitting normally it will have a lot more clearance.
Problem solved
Old 07-29-2006, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

I have one too, it was a horrible fit from day one and I had to use a torch to make some custom bends.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

or some pieces of rubber hose slit open and held on by zipties. get the car up with jackstands under the axle tubes themselves, then reevaluate to see if you're going to have a problem or not.