Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters installed (pics)

Finally got the headers and ory installed. The sound isnt to bad but it could be better. Ive got the slp dd but its still a little raspy. I could do without the exhaust fumes as well. I think Ill be looking for a catted y now. Clearance is great though. A friend of mine told me pacesetter must of redone the y, because he said they fit a hell of alot better now then they use to. Anybody want to trade their catted y for a brand new ory?
Attached Thumbnails Pacesetters installed (pics)-dsc00566.jpg   Pacesetters installed (pics)-dsc00567.jpg   Pacesetters installed (pics)-dsc00568.jpg   Pacesetters installed (pics)-dsc00570.jpg  
Old 08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

I guess they either re-designed it or you got really lucky. I haven't heard of many people having good luck with their ORY.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

yeah, he said they had to of redesigned them. He has installed plenty of them, said everything bolted right up, not even close to the floorboard.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

My pacesetter y fit good as well. It bangs a bit at WOT in 1st, I'll sort that out later.

Do you think you're getting a good seal with the supplied u-clamps? Like you said, I thought it would sound different (I have the DD as well), I think I'm not getting a good seal with header-y. It sounds a bit like a cut out sounds, it's hard to explain.

Basically it sounds like a cut out kind of (not much noise from the exhaust tips) then around 2800 you can hear an exhaust tone. But under that it sounds like ****, just raw and shitty lol, alot of it coming from under the car. Like I said, it's hard to explain. Not too mention the faint ticking I hear at idle and low rpm.

Like you said, I'm kind of dissapointed in the sound. Above 3K it's good, below that is crap. It might be because I have a leak, I'm not sure.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02NBMSLPSS
Finally got the headers and ory installed. The sound isnt to bad but it could be better. Ive got the slp dd but its still a little raspy. I could do without the exhaust fumes as well. I think Ill be looking for a catted y now. Clearance is great though. A friend of mine told me pacesetter must of redone the y, because he said they fit a hell of alot better now then they use to. Anybody want to trade their catted y for a brand new ory?

Hey you might want to get some band clamps. If you happen to bottom out with those clamps you have now! You might do some damage. I would aleast rotate them a little different.

John
Old 08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
Hey you might want to get some band clamps. If you happen to bottom out with those clamps you have now! You might do some damage. I would aleast rotate them a little different.

John
I could'nt rotate my pass side clamp much, it looks like his, the bolt is rotated a little futher to the right, but the bolt side is still down a bit. I could not position it to the side. I've already carved a couple speedbumps with it.

Band clamps are going on this weekend (should have done it to begin with)
Old 08-02-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Traitor
My pacesetter y fit good as well. It bangs a bit at WOT in 1st, I'll sort that out later.

Do you think you're getting a good seal with the supplied u-clamps? Like you said, I thought it would sound different (I have the DD as well), I think I'm not getting a good seal with header-y. It sounds a bit like a cut out sounds, it's hard to explain.

Basically it sounds like a cut out kind of (not much noise from the exhaust tips) then around 2800 you can hear an exhaust tone. But under that it sounds like ****, just raw and shitty lol, alot of it coming from under the car. Like I said, it's hard to explain. Not too mention the faint ticking I hear at idle and low rpm.

Like you said, I'm kind of dissapointed in the sound. Above 3K it's good, below that is crap. It might be because I have a leak, I'm not sure.
Yeah you probably have a leak, my car sounds good up to about 2500, after that it sounds like a chevy pickup with cherry bombs. I do have a faint tick at idle but does not increase at wot.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02NBMSLPSS
Yeah you probably have a leak, my car sounds good up to about 2500, after that it sounds like a chevy pickup with cherry bombs. I do have a faint tick at idle but does not increase at wot.
lol.

Mine is the exact opposite. Maybe we both like different sounds. Mine sounds raw, burbly, raspy down low and toned, clean up top. It's weird.

I'm pretty sure I have a leak like you said, I won't have time to jack it up till this weekend.

I hope it's a leak, this may be how it is supposed to sound. I kind of hope not.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Traitor
lol.

Mine is the exact opposite. Maybe we both like different sounds. Mine sounds raw, burbly, raspy down low and toned, clean up top. It's weird.

I'm pretty sure I have a leak like you said, I won't have time to jack it up till this weekend.

I hope it's a leak, this may be how it is supposed to sound. I kind of hope not.
I have seen a thread on here where our dd cat back has a restrictor plate in the dr side tail pipe not all but some to reduce noise even more. I dont know how to check unless I chopped up the tail pipes. This may have something to do with it.
I have heard everybody saying to go with a catted y which will help out alot.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

get some good BAND CLAMPS..those u-bolt clamps are old-school and nowhere near as good for certain things such as header/y connections...get stainless.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 08-02-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
get some good BAND CLAMPS..those u-bolt clamps and old-school and nowhere near as good for certain things such as header/y connections...get stainless.
My car has no leaks whatsoever, I just think the car sounds like *** without a catted y. Should have got that instead of the ory, and the exhaust fumes when the t tops are off is rough. I didnt really care about stainless either because the car will never see snow and usually sits in the garage. I know if I get caught in a rainstorm once in awhile might cause a little rust but nothing phenomenal.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my TSP catted y blows. Not sure how to get the thing to line up better and not rattle the **** out of my floor