Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Ouch!!!

This has been like this for a while. I ran over a pretty big rock and just kept banging on it and this is the result. I guess its genna be time for some race style headers.....
Attached Thumbnails Ouch!!!-headers-001.jpg   Ouch!!!-headers-002.jpg   Ouch!!!-headers-003.jpg   Ouch!!!-headers-004.jpg  
Old 08-02-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damm that sucks, but really dont look that bad
Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

yeah,i've seen worse.those dents probably won't hurt performance very little if any.i believe you'll be o.k if you can live with the cosmetic flaws.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of rocks, this ladys car in front of me last month, dropped her muffler right out in front on me!

I ended up plowing over the tail pipe, and it dented up my pass side header a bit, very simular to yours.

It still seems to perform okay, and no leaks, yet, so Im going to leave it alone for now - but damn, BS like this hurts, doesnt it.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk
Instead of rocks, this ladys car in front of me last month, dropped her muffler right out in front on me!

I ended up plowing over the tail pipe, and it dented up my pass side header a bit, very simular to yours.

It still seems to perform okay, and no leaks, yet, so Im going to leave it alone for now - but damn, BS like this hurts, doesnt it.
Damm did that mess your bumper up or anything? If that happened to me id be royally pissed and her insurance would be buying me new headers...
Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

My next door neighbor (a lady in her early sixties) had a run in with a muffler that the car in front of her kicked up. It literally came off of the pavement striking her in the grille/hood then proceede to roll up the hood where it caught some air and flew over her windsheid. She could have been seriously injured if it had struck the windsheild instead of rising up over it. Anyway, there was $1900 worth of damage and her insurance company won't cover it because "she should have her vehicle under control at all times" What a load of crap!! Isn't that why they're called "accidents"?? If you had your vehicle under control and could avoid everything, there wouldn't be any accidents. I hate insurance companys.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead1
My next door neighbor (a lady in her early sixties) had a run in with a muffler that the car in front of her kicked up. It literally came off of the pavement striking her in the grille/hood then proceede to roll up the hood where it caught some air and flew over her windsheid. She could have been seriously injured if it had struck the windsheild instead of rising up over it. Anyway, there was $1900 worth of damage and her insurance company won't cover it because "she should have her vehicle under control at all times" What a load of crap!! Isn't that why they're called "accidents"?? If you had your vehicle under control and could avoid everything, there wouldn't be any accidents. I hate insurance companys.
that's bullshit. i'd take them to court. they'd be paying court costs, too afterwards.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 PM
That's what she said...

I'd still rock those. Fuhgetabahdit.

HAHA I said rock those.... man I'm funny....
Old 08-03-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A christmas tree came off a truck one day and my x-girlfriend took it out, and in return the tree took out her front end, of the car that is.....
Old 08-04-2006, 08:58 AM
That's what she said...

My dad was going up an on-ramp for I-10 at about 70mph when the entire tire/wheel assembly came off of an 18-wheeler on the other side of the highway. This tire/wheel hit his truck so hard, it bent the frame down to the ground and totaled the truck. Imagine sitting still and being hit by a 250lb (?) wheel/tire at 140mph.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
My dad was going up an on-ramp for I-10 at about 70mph when the entire tire/wheel assembly came off of an 18-wheeler on the other side of the highway. This tire/wheel hit his truck so hard, it bent the frame down to the ground and totaled the truck. Imagine sitting still and being hit by a 250lb (?) wheel/tire at 140mph.
****, my friend's dad was driving his car at 70mph on the freeway when HIS wheel fell off. he looked out his window and saw a wheel rolling by him. he was like "what the ****?" next thing he knew his car jerked to the side and collapsed. that musta been a bad day.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty sure I'd rather watch my own wheel pass me than be hit by a 140mph semi wheel/tire. Now that defines a bad day.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Resident

aww like on that break.com video? of the guy pumping gas? LOL OMG!

for those who don't know: there was this guy just randomly pumping gas, minding his own business when this tire from a semi comes flying off the street and crashes into him at 40mph. it breaks both of his legs. i mean this tire takes this dude OUT!

http://www.break.com/index/cartire1.html

guy get pwn3d, as TheBlur would say

yea man, header scrapes are nothing compared to this!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
aww like on that break.com video? of the guy pumping gas? LOL OMG!

for those who don't know: there was this guy just randomly pumping gas, minding his own business when this tire from a semi comes flying off the street and crashes into him at 40mph. it breaks both of his legs. i mean this tire takes this dude OUT!

http://www.break.com/index/cartire1.html

guy get pwn3d, as TheBlur would say

yea man, header scrapes are nothing compared to this!
damn how unlucky can you get?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zach11
damn how unlucky can you get?
Depends on how you define "unlucky". After I'm done with my LS6 conversion, I'd rather have the tires hit me than tear up my car!! Yeah, it hurt the dude, but he's flexible and going to be fine eventually. How much damage would that have done to the car, especially a custom painted massively reworked car??
Old 08-04-2006, 01:22 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
****, my friend's dad was driving his car at 70mph on the freeway when HIS wheel fell off. he looked out his window and saw a wheel rolling by him. he was like "what the ****?" next thing he knew his car jerked to the side and collapsed. that musta been a bad day.
HA! Funny you should mention that. The 18-wheeler accident happened before I was born, but a few years back my dad had the right rear wheel fall off his truck, pass him up, and crash into a Baptist Church! Luckily it was a dually.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
HA! Funny you should mention that. The 18-wheeler accident happened before I was born, but a few years back my dad had the right rear wheel fall off his truck, pass him up, and crash into a Baptist Church! Luckily it was a dually.
well, take baptists off my list of possible real religion. i'm getting closer
Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can beat that... You all should see my Y pipe.

One day on my way home from work (a week after getting my headers and y installed) there was something in the road. It looked like a big ball of paper and when the truck ahead of me drove past it and it moved I just figured it was paper. Well as I get closer too it I can't change lanes because of traffic and the car in the lane over pushed the "ball" over into my lane so I moved so it would go right under the car. There was a huge bang and whatever it was broke a part and I just saw dust in my rear view mirror. It tore up my Y. If I get a chance I'll post up some pics tomorrow