Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are all the tb mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are all the tb mods?

I'm polishing up my throttle body right now so I might as well do the mods to it. I work at a machine shop so I've got **** like mills, lathes, etc. I've heard of the bump stop mod where you just mill some off the bump stop to make it open 90 degrees. I've also heard of people filling in a hole on the tb....? And milling flats on the tb cam? Is there any others? Thanks
Old 08-06-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont fill in the the hole. its been tested not to increase any hp. unless your going to fill it with aluminum,i wouldnt do it if it did increase any hp anyway. also i just read a whole thing on airflow on aluminum, you actually want a slightly rough surface to "have a cusion of air" the air the rough aluminum traps acts as a air flow lubricant-sounds weird but i go the info from a reputable magazine. looks like you got all the info, the biggest improvement imo, is to take down the ridge infront of the tb, and taking off the front face of the tb shaft. the bump stop mod you need a multimeter, i just grinded mine slightly without the multimeter (even though i have a few of them). you can also knife edge the tb blade, i only took off of the sides that stick out more.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:19 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bypass, port, polish, bump stop.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good, thanks guys.