Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question about the TB.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Question about the TB.

I am a Machinist in the navy, and I have the ability to Port my own TB. But I was also wondering. If I was to bore it out about .050 to .100. If that is possible and just make another plate. To replace the one that will no longer be big enough to fit in the hole.

If I did that, or even can I do that. Along with Porting it out. Would that be feasable? Can it be done with out distroying the TB?

Please let me know. I would like to try it out. and see how it would work.

Thanks

Lane
Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With alot of trial and error you might be able to get it to work being in the career field you are in.....
but just so you dont go threw several tbs ...i would leave the blade alone...minus making the edges sharper and doing the half shaft mod.
-Chris
Old 08-08-2006, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Well see what I was thinking, was to bore the area out were the blade sits, and then make another one that will fit. More air More Power right???
Old 08-08-2006, 10:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not really for the amount of work you are going to have to put into it.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Thats what the CNC is for right? lol. It should not be that much work. I hope not. ha ha
Old 08-08-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds interesting, if you have good machinery. i think it would be an easy task, just bore it out perfectly round, measure the bore , make the tb blad just slightly smaller then that diameter(just enough to fit without rubbing), put it in the tb without drilling the holes(as the shaft may not be totally centered , then mark your spots for your hole with it in there ) youd have a bigger tb.. lots of work though. i just wonder whats behind or how far you can cnc into the stocker before you go too far, or punch through somewhere.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Thats what I was wondering too. How much material I can remove with out screwing it up. I have all the equipment I need to do it. I was just wondering on how affective it would be to do it. And if it is even possible with a stock one, Material Thickness that is.