Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp catback to raspy

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tsp catback to raspy

when i first got this exhaust..i loved it. Now its starting to bother me. i was thinking about hacking off both tail pipes and putting another straight through muffler..like a sweet thunder used in true duals onto the end of the exhaust and making it a single hidden tip. would the second muffler quite it down some and kill the rasp? or shoudl i use a traditional muffler for that?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

i think you should just add a borla xr-1 in place of the bullet. I did it and it sounded good. Adding a sweet thunder will quiet it down some and give it a deeper sound, but i believe you will still have some rasp.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigman
i think you should just add a borla xr-1 in place of the bullet. I did it and it sounded good. Adding a sweet thunder will quiet it down some and give it a deeper sound, but i believe you will still have some rasp.
well i wanted to ditch the dual tips anyway and go toa single hidden tip..so i figured I could lob those off..and put a straight through muffler there...and the two straight through mufflers should give good flow..i was just wondering if it would quiet it down a lot. i've noticed my car is really ******* loud..not so much inside the car, but my gf dad started my car to move it to get his boat out and it was rattling **** off their shelves...lol. so I wanted to tame it a lil bit, but can't afford a brand new exhaust.