Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results of my port and polished TB

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results of my port and polished TB

So yesterday I finally ported and polished my throttle body and it went pretty well seein as it was my first one. I used a dremel with a cylinder bit and cut the little lip in front of the blade down and then ported the rest slightley but not to much. I continued with sanding. I started with a 180 then 220 then wet sanded with 340. I read recent posts sayin that they flow better when the finish is still a little ruff. I didnt take any pics cuz i had no batterys for the camera. My results were great! It feels like it peaks like 3 or 4 more horses and you can feel that it makes more power pretty much every where especialy at the top. I also did the bump stop mod and that worked out good as well. Today I did a 3rd gear punch from 70mph and wow! You could totaly tell a difference! Deffinatley worth the 4$ bit and 1.80$ in sand paper! My advice to anyone that is considering doing it just do it and take your time its time well spent. Oh and im runnin a 6 speed.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like it went well for you. I am going to do mine once I get my basement sqaured away and the workbench cleared off.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

sweet, its my next mod
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Yah you wont be dissapointed. I was sceptical about it but I had nothing to do and thats when I decided to give it a shot.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol..you aren't going to feel the difference. It works on the regular dyno, but your butt dyno won't feel it. You want it to feel faster, so it does.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOSS
lol..you aren't going to feel the difference. It works on the regular dyno, but your butt dyno won't feel it. You want it to feel faster, so it does.
True. And where did you here that it flows better when it is still rough?