Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what should i do?

i may be buying some pacesetter ceramic coated headers w/ air fittings and a y-pipe for $400. is this a good price? he also has a flowmaster american thunder w/ an OR-pipe from the y-pipe back. should i get the flowmaster or go for another setup? i'll have around $1000 to spend plus installation because i dont have the tools or space needed to do the install. i want something that's not too loud under 1500 to 2000 rpms without a cutout. i'd rather not spend too much more money on the exhaust as the car is a daily driver and rarely gets pounded on or taken to the track. will i need a tune if i do change the exhaust(headers and y-pipe too)? i live in alabama and have no emissions so should i leave the cats off? its a 93 z28 so its an lt1 not an ls1. will no cats affect the power or gas mileage in any way? i know it's a lot of questions but i want to make sure i don't waste my money.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First find out if the Y he has is catted or not.

The cats will mostly affect the sound level. You might add a little power by not having cats, not much though. They do not affect mileage as long as you get a tune (which I would recommend).

I personally don't care for the sound of flows on an f-body. I would look at hooker or a magnaflow cat back.