Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help On Where To Put Missing Parts After H/C Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help On Where To Put Missing Parts After H/C Swap

So after my h/c swap i got everything bolted back up and now have two items that i forgot where they are supposed to be located at. I kind of looked over everything and these two spots seem to be the most logical. Help me out

1. So the first part seems to be a ground of some sort and i'm pretty sure it bolts on top of the left coolant line bolt and the ground part wraps around the hose. Does this look right?

Then here but actually bolted up and around that hose.

2. Next i don't have clue what this was bolted up to. my only guess is that it was bolted to the mainifold bolts and seems like this only location would work but it never fits and is always rubbing against something when everything is bolted up. Where the hell does this thing possibly go?

It seems logical that it would bolt to those two thread openings but just doesn't fit?

Thanks if you have any input!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first part is the grounding strap for the pcv valve. It does bolt up to where you have it in the pic but you need to take the rubber cover off the valve and then attach it to strap and put the rubber boot back on. The black bracket I believe is part of the AIR system and is bolted to the drivers side of the intake manifold. It holds a small electrical connector type plug....I think.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

sweet thanks man!

EDIT: what the **** is that in your avatar?
Old 08-13-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Second Club

The last pic looks to be the bracket that your knock sensor plug clips on to. It mounts in the last two rear bolts on the drivers side intake. If i remember right, you can't get those bolts completely out unless you remove the manifold.

Dan
Old 08-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Banned

hahaha this thread cracks me up WTF? mani bolts lol. im sure i will have the same problem if not more trb when i do mine.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DanZ28
The last pic looks to be the bracket that your knock sensor plug clips on to. It mounts in the last two rear bolts on the drivers side intake. If i remember right, you can't get those bolts completely out unless you remove the manifold.

Dan
yep your right... that was the only other place to mount it and i suppose i will be fine with leaving it off... cuz im not pulling that mani off again
Old 08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last thing goes on the driver side, there's two manifold bolts in teh same configuration as the passenger side, but in the back. You can remove that hoe and fuggedabbadit. It pokes up behind the fuel rail to keep it steady in a crash or something.

And yes, your knock sensor harness has a clip that goes onto the bottom to steady it.