Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need Measurements for K&n Fipk

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need Measurements for K&n Fipk

Well I decided to try out that new hood on ebay with that small scoop and the vents. I got it today and Im trying to install it but it looks like it doesn't close because its hitting the top of the air lid. Im pissed and tommorow Im calling up the company to see why they would sell anything like this because it doesn't fit. Now I want to see if mabye a k&n fipk sits any lower then the stock air intake setup? Can someone take some measurements and PM me or post them. I need to know how high the filter sits and the hose behind it. Also the MAF as well. Take measurements from the raditor support (big medal piece which holds the filter base). This sucks but if I can get away with installing a fipk and the hooding fitting then I might do that. Thanks guys. I'll also keep you guys updated on how it goes. Thanks
Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Ok,,,,,, welll,,, what hood did you buy.... Raptor????????,,,,,(I hope)...WS6,,,,(hope not,, to many of those),,, what intake setup do you currently have,,,..... I know that the FIPK setup fits nicely with the Raptor hood, not sure with the WS6 hood(or anything else). I think I might of already spoke with you about this. So what hood do you have????? Pics would really help out also! If you did get the Raptor hood, and lets just say you did buy the FIPK, and it stilll don't fit, there are some modifications that you can do to make it still work. Lets us know what's up!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

No no no. I bought that scoope hood. It has a small air scoop in the front and has three large vents in the middle. I have not seen it installed on anybodies car. If someone can take measurements that would be great.
here is a link to the one I bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVR...mZ230016396434
Old 08-22-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

I'll try to get you some measurements tomorrow if I can. Pretty ballsy move buying that hood man. I can see you're gonna hear a lot of **** from people on here, but I can't wait to see it installed.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

try a search i rember seein one a while ago about this
Old 08-23-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ballsy? Im the RICER king of the f-bodies. Don'y you remeber my formula with those ronald mcdonald seats? Its time for me to rice out a camaro. MAuahaha.
On a more serious note, I would really appreciate those measurements.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

hey titus I'm the guy that did those camaro cf templates from pa call me ill get the measurements off mine 717 201 2177
Old 08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

I have the FIPK on the stock radiator support.

I just took a quick measurement. From the top of the radiator to the top of the filter is just under 5". That is the highest point, everything else is lower.

Hope that helps.