Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have JBA LONGTUBES?? (not the shorties)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have JBA LONGTUBES?? (not the shorties)

Anytime anyone talks about JBA its about their shorty headers but they make LT's now too. Curious to hear some results on these headers....
Old 08-23-2006, 05:37 PM

they must not be very popular never heard of JBA longtubes, good luck finding the pics
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know they made them for LS1 F-body cars, I looked and couldn't find anything with a google search. Got any links? A friend of mine bought some of the first batch they built for his 05' mustang GT, they fit like crap and rub. The newer batch fits much better, but JBA denies they ever had a fitment issue.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camarossman88
they must not be very popular never heard of JBA longtubes, good luck finding the pics
Hmm, I guess they don't make them for Fbod's but they now make LT's for both C5's and C6's. I'd assume they should be pretty good, b/c JBA has always been known for quality, atleast from what I know of them. Now, with the LT's they should have the power gain to match.

Here's a link to the LT's on the JBA Website:
http://www.jbaheaders.com/c5vettenew.asp

And here they are on Tbyrne website:
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/c5catalog.html
(scroll about half way down and you'll see them)

86 iroc - wow I am surprised to hear that b/c their shorties were always known for superb quality and fit. Maybe he got a bad set? Have you heard of others having similar problems? Either way sounds like they fixed the problem hopefully.