Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Probelm After Manifold Reinstall

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Major Probelm After Manifold Reinstall

i just put my ls6 manifold back on, and everything is screwed up....i drove my car home from my friends house and the alt wasnt charging, cars dead now at home...oil pressure sensor is at 0, although i know its pumping oil...the sensors plugged in, just not reading....the cruise control is jacked up and wont close the throttle all the way, and it idled at 3k rpms until we jammed a screw driver down into the cruise control gears, so it couldnt rotate anymore....DONT KNOW what the hell went on with the cruise control....thats one of the biggest problems, aside from the alt. not charging...besides all that, my car with the better ported tb and the ls6 back on is a good bit quicker...all the wires are hooked up, so please dont give that as a answer....BUT I NEED HELP
Old 08-26-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

..ttt
Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well. first of all your oil pressure sending unit is right behind the intake on the back top of the motor, and there are alot of people who have accidentally broken it when putting the intake back on. so you might want to check it and maybe replace it with a new one.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

honestly thanks for the list....ur the first person whos actually stepped up and commented....BUT....i know that, it was totally intact when i put it on, and its intact when i reached my hand back there....thats the least of my worries considering, i KNOW the oils moving around in my engine....but the alt. isnt charging my battery, and my cruise control has its own mind now, and it wont let my thottle close all the way....the ls1howto.com IS FULL OF BS....i did everything on there and they failed to include several things, like how the ls6 has TWO hoses in the back where the ls1 has ONE....
Old 08-27-2006, 12:43 AM
That's what she said...

LS1 has one hose in the back? I think you're on teh crack.

Does your car have TCS?

Alternator is a serious problem, you didn't remove it by chance did you? There's a TINY red wire that connects to the TOP of the alternator in it's own weatherpack connector. It runs down there in some wire loom, which could have been ripped out while you were moving **** around. Trace it down there and make sure it's kosher.

Lots of people rip this out when they remove the alternator, but it's easy to rip it out by pulling the wire loom over by the #1 cylinder/coil/plug wire too much.

What year did your throttle body come from? Does it have the shaft in it from your old car?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

the ls6 ports in the back are one electric plug connecter and the vacuum tube with the booster vacuum also...sorry if i put that out there wrong....BUT on the ls1 it had to oil sending unit tube...and there were two tubes....we took one off because it had no where to fit on the ls6....it has tcs, the cam is from the 01 tb, but i think the cruise control wire might have gotten tugged on and may need to be adjusted....i realllllly hope thats what it is....see my friends got a 01 ws6, and his wire on the alt is black and a thicker guage....i plan on checking that wire in the morning though.....now that my damn battery is dead.....
Old 08-27-2006, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

also theres a plug for a sensor hook up on the ls6 on the drivers side above the 3rd or 4th coil pack....IT DOESNT DO A DAMN THING?!!! what the hell is it there for?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by staringback05
the ls6 ports in the back are one electric plug connecter and the vacuum tube with the booster vacuum also...sorry if i put that out there wrong....BUT on the ls1 it had to oil sending unit tube...and there were two tubes....we took one off because it had no where to fit on the ls6....it has tcs, the cam is from the 01 tb, but i think the cruise control wire might have gotten tugged on and may need to be adjusted....i realllllly hope thats what it is....see my friends got a 01 ws6, and his wire on the alt is black and a thicker guage....i plan on checking that wire in the morning though.....now that my damn battery is dead.....
That is the wire to charge the battery. There is another wire on top of the alt that is the "exicter" wire. When removing the alt, some people like myself, have broken that wire and the alt will not charge at all. I believe that is the wire that is referred to above.