Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Ports

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum Ports

I just put an LS1 into my 70 camaro and I'm looking for a place to hook up a vacuum line. Is there any places on the LS1 other than the brake booster?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Launching!

there should be several at the back on the MAP sensor hooks up to the intake, that is if you are not runing any A/C. Other than that, there is a PCV hook up by the throttle as well and you don't need it if you done the PCV delete mod.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Does anyone have a pic of the vacuum ports at the back of the intake? I have the engine installed and can't see them. A pic would be helpful.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by x-pauliber
Does anyone have a pic of the vacuum ports at the back of the intake? I have the engine installed and can't see them. A pic would be helpful.
There's only two on the back of the intake. The brake booster hose and the A/C hose. The brake booster is the large one that goes toward the driver side and the A/C is the small one that goes toward the passenger side. If you feel around back there you'll find it.