Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crankcase pressure

Old 08-31-2006, 01:41 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crankcase pressure

the shop that has my car right now just blew the valve cover gasket. its cause of built up pressure basically. i have a breather on it right now, just on the passengers side - i blocked off the one on the drivers side. everything else is capped off right now, there is just that breather on the pass. side. now why would it cause the gasket to blow? i thought for sure everything was going to be cool and the breather would take care of it...is it possible for the crankcase to build up that much pressure with a breather on it? any ideas on where i fucked up at? thanks kory.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

yeah just got back from the shop, the gasket is hanging out the valve cover right now...once again everything is capped off and I have one breather on the pass. side. This should not have happened - anyone have any ideas at all?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude. You need to run a EVAC system off your headers.... Moroso and MR. Gasket make kits for it. It is pretty much race style though. Uses the pressure from exhaust pulses to pull pressure from the motor. It is a pretty un-common setup. That is why you should run one. I thought about doing it on my nitrous car.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

never heard of the evac system
Old 09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i wouldnt recommend runnin that on a street car...you're only suppose to use that system with open headers
Old 09-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Dude. You need to run a EVAC system off your headers.... Moroso and MR. Gasket make kits for it. It is pretty much race style though. Uses the pressure from exhaust pulses to pull pressure from the motor. It is a pretty un-common setup. That is why you should run one. I thought about doing it on my nitrous car.

I plan on doing this in the near future. but don't buy the kit, as the check valves from the air system are the same as the one you would get in the kit. Just take the valve to home depot and get a 1/2" (I think) pipe nipple that is about 8-10" long and cut an angle in it......

Search this Thread