Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!Bump Stop Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default !Bump Stop Mod

Well thanks to the help of 6spd97ta he did the work for me.. he had the dremel..

Anyways. very easy straight forward mod. Stock it was at 4.43V. We took it all the way up to 4.67V and jsut to make sure i went and floored the car, it too red 4.67V.

All in all happy with it. to be honest i really could not tell a difference.. Prolly b/c on the way home i did not floor the car, or rip it out of the hole..

Gots any questions let me know

Last edited by TORCHD 02 TA; 09-02-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha, I had nothing else to do today so I did that to mine too. Closed was .52. Stock WOT was 4.41. Then I went past what I should have, so I put a set screw in place. Its now 4.67. For some reason the car idled high after I started it and stayed at about 1100 rpms. Turned it off and came back 5 minutes later and it was fine. I drove it around and did a WOT pull. It seems to pull harder and no SES light! I did the seafoam thing today too.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
so I put a set screw in place..
How did you do that? Drill a small hole and tap it? I ask this because I recently bought a "stock" throttle body for somebody but it had the bump stop mod done to it. I hooked up a multimeter to the TP sensor and at WOT it had a reading of 4.90. It’s now throwing a code because of that and I was wondering how to fix it.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Ha, I had nothing else to do today so I did that to mine too. Closed was .52. Stock WOT was 4.41. Then I went past what I should have, so I put a set screw in place. Its now 4.67. For some reason the car idled high after I started it and stayed at about 1100 rpms. Turned it off and came back 5 minutes later and it was fine. I drove it around and did a WOT pull. It seems to pull harder and no SES light! I did the seafoam thing today too.

Nice, yea mine too was at .52 closed.. i played it safe,went to 4.67 called it a day.. NO SES light for me either.. also when i started mine after i did the bump stop it idled fine..
Old 09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shallow Bay
How did you do that? Drill a small hole and tap it? I ask this because I recently bought a "stock" throttle body for somebody but it had the bump stop mod done to it. I hooked up a multimeter to the TP sensor and at WOT it had a reading of 4.90. It’s now throwing a code because of that and I was wondering how to fix it.
just drill a hole and put a screw in there so you can adjust it to your likings?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bastien
just drill a hole and put a screw in there so you can adjust it to your likings?
Yup. Just get a small machine screw and drill a hole in the TB acordingly. Use a small drill bit then work your way up till you are able to start threading the screw in by itself.