Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where 2 get parts i need to convert ls1 to ls6 on 2000 ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where 2 get parts i need to convert ls1 to ls6 on 2000 ss

where can i buy all the parts needed to do proper switch over. intake gaskets included. could someone list all i need. thanks
Old 09-05-2006, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

You don't really need new intake gaskets unless yours are torn up.

You'll need the coolant pipe and plugs from an '01+ car
EGR blockoff plate
Old 09-05-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you want to keep the EGR system intact, the only LS6 intake option you have is SLP.
it'll cost you 460 bucks from WS6store.com, but comes with everything.

if you don't care about the EGR system, you can buy a used LS6 intake from someone on the board for $300-350 and get the intake pipes & plugs from WS6 Store for 42 bucks. you will need to make or buy an EGR blockoff plate. Speed Inc. sells them
Old 09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
if you want to keep the EGR system intact, the only LS6 intake option you have is SLP.
it'll cost you 460 bucks from WS6store.com, but comes with everything.

if you don't care about the EGR system, you can buy a used LS6 intake from someone on the board for $300-350 and get the intake pipes & plugs from WS6 Store for 42 bucks. you will need to make or buy an EGR blockoff plate. Speed Inc. sells them
well being here in jersey i would think i need the egr. could not find block off plate on speed inc. thanks for the info.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Y2KNJSS
well being here in jersey i would think i need the egr. could not find block off plate on speed inc. thanks for the info.
yeah...i keep forgetting that i have collector's registration and don't need to go to inspection

here's a link to speed inc's blocks off's in case you decide to ditch the EGR down the road. you can get stuff like that past most private shops here as long as you get the codes tuned out and don't have an SES light on and some that will just pass you regardless...then again you do need to worry about the mobile inspection units in some parts of the state.

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust

they are the fourth pic up from the bottom
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
yeah...i keep forgetting that i have collector's registration and don't need to go to inspection

here's a link to speed inc's blocks off's in case you decide to ditch the EGR down the road. you can get stuff like that past most private shops here as long as you get the codes tuned out and don't have an SES light on and some that will just pass you regardless...then again you do need to worry about the mobile inspection units in some parts of the state.

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust

they are the fourth pic up from the bottom
thanks bro