Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with vaccuum hose (line)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with vaccuum hose (line)

I recently installed the LS6 Intake. After completing the install I notice a cable (perhaps vaccuum hose) that was left disconnected. The cable is located on the drivers side of the engine. The hose is one of two that come off of a circuit that is clip or strpped to the fuel rail. This small vaccuum line has a T connector at the end of it. It looks like one part of the T connector should connect to something and another cable perhaps connects to the opposite side of the T connector. Does anyone know where this cable should connect and what other cable connects to it, and in what order? I'm assuming that there is another cable on the passenger side that should connecto to one end of the T connector.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a small hard plastic tube? If so, I think it connects to the AIR control valve or to a little switch thing that mounts to the DS of the intake.

You might want to check on LS1howto.com. I think they have and install guide on there.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've checked on LS1howto and it does mention the cables. However, it doesn't specify how they connect to one another. The cable or hose is actually soft rubber. I have noticed that when I turn on the a/c or heater, the air blows only out of the floor and the defrost vents. It will not blow out of the panel (dash).