Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water temp gauge is in...

Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Water temp gauge is in...

I just finished installing my water temp gauge since the stocker is a dummy. I ended up mounting mine like another member (not sure what his name is). I bought a T-fitting at Lowes and tapped it for the sending unit. Then I put the T-fitting in line with the throttle body coolant lines. So in effect, I also did the TB bypass. I already had done the TB bypass, but I ditched the 3/8" line and used the T-fitting instead. Went for a drive after it was all hooked up and stayed right at 180* while cruising on the highway. In the city it climbed to around 210* and stayed there. And of course the stock gauge stayed at 210* the whole time as it always does. I was surprised to see the difference with an actual reading versus the dummy reading. All in all, a simple mod that basically filled an extra hole in my pillar pod next to my tranny temp guage. Tranny temps stayed at 150*, but that's for another section .
Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad it worked out for you. I don't know why more people don't do the T-fitting TB bypass/sending unit install. Mine is hidden under the bellows for now anyway. The hardest part for me was putting a self-tapping screw in the "T" and grounding it to the engine.

Search this Thread