Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

I know this is a popular topic, but are headers a worthwhile upgrade? I'm looking to gain some power and a nice tone. I'm guessing the shortie headers would be good for the low end? And what would I need to do for cats?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

if your going to get headers u should get longtubes. you are wasting a lot of power with shorties.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

if your going to get headers u should get longtubes. you are wasting a lot of power with shorties.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Go LT's or don't go at all!

I've got the SLP LT's, not great for lowered cars, but they get the job done. I installed them myself, I was expecting this insanley LOUD car at idle....nope... Especially at idle. I have the Borla, at idle it's quiet as a stock manifold car, but when you get !ON! it....She screams!!!... OMG!..I about woke the dead w/ that thing @ midnite after finishing the install!

The tone is def there w/ headers...Slightly louder up front, as far as header noise, but it's normal. No biggie... That car is SOOOOO quiet at idle... Really!.. When you're cruisin at 2g or under, it's quiet.... Open it up and You really hear it!.

Here's some vids.. Don't mind the second, or third one... MY camera, I guess, adjusts the vol..

Click here to see Video

Click here to see Video

Click here to see Video