Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which headers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which headers?

Hey guys wat's up......I want to get some long tube headers for my 2000 TA. What brands do you recommend? Also, I hafta have cats.....so do I basically need to run a whole new exhaust to the back, or just to the cats? tryin to learn my ****.....thanks guys
Old 09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Use the search button and you will find a bunch of info, especially on headers.

There are many options on headers and it all depends on what you are looking for. Do you have a lot of money to spend or a little? If you are trying to find the best bang for the buck, you will be looking at pacesetter, which are time tested and approved for quality, performance, and price. There are also some new headers that are being produced on EBAY which also look very nice. They are good quality and a GREAT price. The only problem with those is that are are new and not a lot of people have tried them out. Also, there are flowtechs. These are well priced headers but are the worst quality headers. They have VERY thin flanges and will not last very long. Try to stay away from these if possible. Edelbrock also has some nice headers for the price.

You also wanna look at whether you will be keeping your car many years or whether you will be selling sooner than later. If you will not be keeping the car long, just go with a set of ceramic coated Longtubes. They will last you a couple years before they need to be replaced. However, if you have a little more dough to spend, look into some stainless steel headers like QTP, Hooker, etc. Stainless steel headers are much more expensive but will last the life of the car.

There are many options, you just have to do the research...