Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone PLEASE explain this to me

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:37 PM
JUICED96Z

Default Someone PLEASE explain this to me

I ran into this guy at a local cruise in Saturday and he just picked up a white 95Z with a 383 LT1 on a 100 shot. Auto car, moser 12 bolt ect ect.

Got it from teh guy for 9k and it has an 8 point cage. The guy welded in the cage with the interior pannels out of the car and the new owner says he can't get them to go back in. After seeing how tight the cage was in I doubt they will ever go back in.

He showed me the NOS bottle in the back and he said it had a heater on it but it would come on and barley get warm and shut off so he riped it out because it was junk. Well he has yet to spray it and the bottle is dead full and had a ton of pressure in it. My buddies Viper is the same way, when the bottles are full and th epressure is up the heater barley comes on for any lengh of time.

This is the best part. He started talking about the exhaust and I could see it had coated pacesetters for headers and he said it had a 4 inch mufflex exhaust with a spintech muffler but I could tell by hearing it was not.

He said and I quote "The muflex just did not sound right so I went to a 3 inch flowmaster 30 series".....

Why someone would do that is beyond me...

He said the previous owner said it ran high 11's on a hundred shot... wonder how much that flowmaster is going to hurt it hahaha.

He also said it felt like is old car that ran 10's and if felt like a 10 second car but whats funny is the fastest he said the pervious owner car that car was high elevens....

Said he was taking it to the track Tuesday to see what it will run and thats street night and is known for being a dangerously slick track on that night and he did not seem to care...

All well, just not srue why you would want to go to a flowmaster after having like the best cat back on the car that money can buy...
Old 09-10-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is getting the flowmaster out of shear ignorance.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but here is my answer to your bottle heater question: The heater is made to heat up the bottle so that the correct psi is acheived. If you have a full bottle of nitrous, I doubt the heater needs to be on long at all for the correct psi to be acheived so it comes on and cuts off quickly. Make sense?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The flowmaster 80 series is the one that flows like crap. I believe the 30s flow pretty well.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im pretty sure you are correct about the heater pat... otherwise you would have an over-pressurised tank... and that aint good
Old 09-10-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

I didn't even know flowmaster makes a 30 series. I thought it started at 40 series.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they have a 10 series and 30 series which are race mufflers
Old 09-10-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpat1023
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but here is my answer to your bottle heater question: The heater is made to heat up the bottle so that the correct psi is acheived. If you have a full bottle of nitrous, I doubt the heater needs to be on long at all for the correct psi to be acheived so it comes on and cuts off quickly. Make sense?

Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jesus christ here coems the flowmaster bash lol. the 80 series is the shitty flowing one. the others arent so bad