Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-pipe w/Cats...advice needed

Old 09-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-pipe w/Cats...advice needed

-Where would be the best place to mount Cats in an H-pipe???
-Also, where would be the best place to mount 1 chambers???
-Does the size of the connecting pipe in the "H" matter??? I've noticed some H's have skinny connector pipes in them, thought I'd ask.
I'm probably gonna have to run dumped for a while, til I can find a shop to fab an over the axle setup.
I've noticed guys are going with the Jegs universal H-pipe, it seems to be a little basic......should an H-pipe be curved or anything??? ...or is a straight "H" out the headers the way its done???
Thanks for any advice guys!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The floorpan pretty much dictates where we can mount the exhaust. Not a lot of room under these cars for true duals. It's probably going to be cats right after the collectors, the H right after the tranny using at least the same diameter pipe as the rest of the exhaust and then bullets or small mufflers under the back seat. The Jegs kit actually comes with a straight pipe and a curved pipe to make the H. None of this is custom fit, so any duals you install will have to be cut and trimmed and test fitted to make it work and to make it tucked up as high as possible without banging on the floor or other parts of the car. I've been asking for some good installed H-pipe pics but haven't seen a lot.....yet. Here's a few pics I found recently:

Last edited by HavATampa; 08-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out the sticky Induction/Exhaust mod, read post 13 by David Vizard, it has a section on the design of mid pipes.

Search this Thread