Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Ypipe????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP Ypipe????????????

Anyone running a qtp dual cutout ypipe? How do you like it? Pros/cons? Any leaking issues? I'm picking up a set of qtp headers this weekend and have not decided yet on wether i want to go with the dual cutout ypipe with stock catback or the regular ypipe with a 4 in mufflex. Opinions and advice are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have commented on mine a few times. I like the design because with the cutouts open it is pretty much a straight shot from the header collectors out to the atmosphere. The QTP Y also has the nice collector at the end and the metal is nice and thick.
Fitment was a pain. It has enough adjustability but I couldn't get it to work without having a muffler shop fix it up for me and it is still a little low on the driver's side. On the driver's side the three bolt cutout has one point going straight up so it can't get any higher without touching the floorpan. I have it high enough the it bumps the floor pan occasionally.
My cutouts seal pretty well. The only leaking problem I have is right off the header collectors. I don't want to weld them since I need to be able to work on the car but the clamps can't go tight enough on the thick piping to stop the leak. I may have to try just a normal U-clamp. The rest of the system is welded.
So there is good and bad. Excellent flow, poor fitment but in the end I think it is worth it. I have yet to scrape and its not like the stock y-pipe has a bunch of clearance anyway. Also, you can't get much closer to the sound of running open headers than having both cutouts open.