Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finished install of headers SES light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default finished install of headers SES light?

How do I pull the codes and where do I find there meaning?

How do I clear the SES light?

also of note, when I first started the car my water temp gauge was not working but when I put the car in gear it started working, any ideas?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they sell code readers at auto stores,online etc. dont know how much they are though, if there close in price to handheld tuners, id go that route as they can read codes and some can clear the codes after you fix whats tripping it, plus tune.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished my KOOK’s LT and catted y-pipe install. 300 miles later, and I had 6 codes. 4 for the O2 sensors, 1 for the catalyst efficiency monitor, and one for the misfires. The misfire one comes on about every 1000+ miles. Due to the rough idle of the cam, it thinks it’s misfiring, once off idle it reads no misfires. I have hi-flow cats, I’m assuming that’s why the catalyst code is triggered. My O2 sensors still are switching really fast, and appear to be working fine (they were reading 700-750mV (rich)). I was using a Tech 2 to view all this. Car is running great, I’ll view it with the Tech 2 periodically to check things. If the light comes back on, I’ll write down the codes along with a description if you’d like. I assume yours are the same codes.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you remove your AIR/EGR? that will throw codes if they aren't deleted from the pcm.