Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak.....I think.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil leak.....I think.

On my last run of the night at the track the guy I lined up against said there was a little smoke from my car, got out and didn't see anything so I made my run and I parked it and opened my hood to let it cool and I seen smoke coming from under my hood. I think it was oil burning but not 100% sure. It was coming from the back of my engine and with the car off I could hear it dripping and hitting the exhaust and burning. I drove it home parked it in the garage and no smoke at all????? I know the oil pressure sender is back there but I don't know where it would leak from back there, any clue?
Old 09-24-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

What color was the smoke? Are you sure it wasn't steam/hot coolant? What did it smell like?
Old 09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
What color was the smoke? Are you sure it wasn't steam/hot coolant? What did it smell like?
It was kind of a white smoke but it was dark and not much light. I was thinking coolant but it has been so long since I smelled burnt coolant. The weird thing is after driving it home there was no smoke.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Well I just looked under the car and seen about 10 drops of tranny fluid on the ground so I jacked the car up and I have tranny fluid all under the car. I have never really burnt tranny fluid so I wonder if that is what it is.

I bent my drive shaft last year and had to replace it and the input shaft seal, but it kept leaking so I replace the input shaft seal again and it looks like that is where it is coming from. It is pissing me off because I hammer that damn thing all the way in there I can't believe it would be leaking from there again.

Search this Thread