Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after header install

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems after header install

I installed a set of ebay headers about 2 months ago, along with some bosch 13111's, sims on for the rears, and a custom true dual set up without cats. It was running great up till about two weeks ago, now when I get in it in the morning it starts up very slowly, almost sounds like the battery is drained. I am almost positive its not the battery though, it was just replaced last year. After it does get started it has trouble finding idle, it surges to about 1700 rpm's and drops to about 6 or 700. If I start driving it right away it usually warms up and its fine, but if I let it idle it nearly dies, and today it actually did die. I have noticed that this has started happening as the weather has been starting to get colder, on warmer days its usually not as bad. I am still running the stock tune, and im thinking it might be something with the a/f ratio. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks....
Old 09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
v-8
On The Tree

Do you have a SES light on?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

I had a lean code about two weeks ago, but I erased it and it hasnt come on since.