Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my idea for duals-anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default my idea for duals-anyone done it?

im thinking of running the oval pipe like that used on nascars back to the axle. from there going to round pipe over each side of the axle. at that point i would use either a magnaflow type muffler or the sweet thunder chambers in a configuration very similar to how the gmmg looks but it wont y off. the drivers side pipe would exit the pass side and vice versa. then using corsa tips. ive seen some where the mufflers hang under the spare tire well but i think it looks to bulky unless u have a cme or a t/a. this would look like a gmmg from the back. any thoughts or anyone whos done this?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:07 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever priced oval tubing? That **** costs an arm, leg, and your first born. It's a novel idea, and I may use it on a big front mount turbo one day (low profile downpipe), but it would be hella expensive.

The fullsize magnaflow mufflers would be hard to fit back there, but you could probably do it.

http://drgas.com/store/home.php?cat=8
Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i may just stick with the round tubing then. i was trying to get some ground clearance. i would most likely use a magnaflow bullet type muffler in the back.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isnt there modified phr that allow more exaust clearing? that may only be passanger side but i though i seen somethin modded for driverside clearence also.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd prolly have more ground clearance next to the driveshaft with round tube anyway since I don't think there is enough lateral room for dual ovals. Some oval pipe under the drivers side would be a good idea though.