Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low idle afer porting t/b

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low idle afer porting t/b

i noticed after i ported my t/b the idle was funny i did put the metal filler in the two holes. btw wat are the 2 holes for? is one for ur idle control or something i used a 1/4" drill bit on both of them so maybe its to small of a hole for the hole on the left???

any help would be great here thanks guys

oh and btw, it the throttle respons is insane and deff. worth the time in porting it, i will try and get some pics up.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those holes route air through the IAC (idle air control) valve. Blocking them partially prevents the IAC from allowing enough air past the throttle blade to maintain idle, resulting in a low idle.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned

both of the holes? so i need to drill a larger hole, correct?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

One hole is a bypass, the other routes through the IAC. Your factory tune is adjusted to both of these values on a stock throttle body. Any decrease to the orifice size will affect the tune. You need a large enough hole to support both on a cold start, on a cold day.

Gains from filling this area with epoxy are negligible, it's not worth the tuning headache. My recommendation is to remove the epoxy, but you can continue enlarging the holes if you like until it idles correctly again.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The passenger side port is for the fresh air suction of the PCV system, driver side is for IAC.

Someone recently posted a picture of their epoxy chunk lodged in one of the intake ports on the heads. Luckily it didn't go all the way to the valve. I would just chip that **** out, it's not worth risking.