Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp Y Pipe 3 Inch

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slp Y Pipe 3 Inch

I HAVE A MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK WITCH I THINK IS TOO QUIET,BUT IT HAS LESS THEN 250 MILES ON IT ......I WAS WONDERING IF THE SLP 3 INCH Y PIPE WILL DEEPEN THE SOUND AND FLOW A LOT BETTER THEN THE LITTLE SMASHED Y PIPE THAT IS STOCK.....I WANNA STAY WITH THE STOCK MANNYS FOR NOW BUT NEED A BIT MORE SOUND.....A CUTOUT MAY BE THE WAY TO GO, OR BOTH ??
Old 09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Unless you remove the cats in the process, changing a Y-pipe makes very little difference in the exhaust sound/volume. If you go from stock exhaust to an 2.5" ORY (without cats, i.e. MAC) then you get louder (and better IMO) sound.

I am not familar with the specific SLP Y-pipe you are considering but I doubt that anyone makes a 3" one for stock manifolds - it just doesn't make sense from a flow standpoint and it would be a snug fit.

Steve
Old 09-28-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a cutout 45bucks. Then put a few washers or another bolt inbetween the plate and the cutout. Wont be all the way open but will increase volume/sound. Or an elec cutout and open it partway. Just my .02.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I started this same thread before and everyone said they SLP y-pipe isn't worth the money. They also said to just save up for some LT's

Quick Reply: Slp Y Pipe 3 Inch