Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD MOUTH 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lm Ii

Who has one and how do you like it? Realistically how much whp would this be worth on a stock car? On a car with cats/stock Y will it be too loud for DD and long trips?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

Dang, I meant Loudmouth II, but it murdered LMII in my title.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Who has one and how do you like it? Realistically how much whp would this be worth on a stock car? On a car with cats/stock Y will it be too loud for DD and long trips?
girl i know has one on her v6 rs and she thinks its annoying loud, the ones i've heard on the v8 cars don't sound good, just loud. just my .02, but take it with a grain of salt as i don't own it myself
Old 09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

my buddy just had his put on his 5.0.. it has mac shorties and off road h pipe.. its loud at idle and as loud if not louder than straight pipes because well, it is straight pipes.. its way to loud all around.. but thats the lm1... and by the way, on an ls1 with cats and stock manifolds the loudmouth doesnt rasp much and sounds good.. its when you loose the cats that it starts getting really rediculous
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I had a 95 lt1 with mac mids, off road y and the loudmouth 1, it was cool for 2 days. It got old real quick and its hard to have a conversation while driving anywhere on the express way or just idling at a stop light. I would steer away from it.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Um I believe Stanger is asking about the Loudmouth II system so yeah all the posts so far are well......
Sorry Stanger I have no personal experience with that particular system just thought I'd try and get this back on track
Old 09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned

A LMII is alot quieter than the LM1 for one reason only.

A Loudmouth is basically 3" Straight pipes, and you WILL notice a power difference. What defines the sound is the Resonator, or Muffler. It looks like a big can, or glasspack if you will.

The LM1 has absolutely no packing, its just straight through, hence why they call it a Loudmouth. The LMII has packing in it to quiet it down some, and it works quite well.
Its very simple to change the "muffler". Dynomax, Borla and other companies make resonaters you could replace the SLP can with to change the tone some.

With the LM1, there is virtually no backpressure. Its a great exhaust and about as loud as your going to get for a stock car. With headers, I recommend a highflow cat, or leaving youre present one alone. Punching it out will cause a gas like smell, and you'll only gain about 5hp, all this and besides the fact, it's going to be very raspy.

I love loud exhausts, thats why I chose the LM1.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just get the Rumbler CB instead. Pretty much the same thing, except instead of an SLP bullet you get a Dynomax bullet, and it's aluminized instead of stainless. If the stainless is really worth it to you then cool, otherwise get pretty much the same sound with the Rumbler, and spend that extra cash on something else, like getting someone to weld it all up for you and a tank or 2 of gas and an 18 pack
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally love mine!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Banned

Wow,. rumbler TSP looks like the way to go! looked it up and I like it!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

I don't think the LMII is loud at all. The LMI doesn't even do it for me. I would drive around open headers all day if it didn't make me such a target.

I love loud cars. My friend has LMII on his stock T/A and it sounded very tame, but had something to say when he got on it. It is very passive aggressive if you will.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Wow,. rumbler TSP looks like the way to go! looked it up and I like it!
Been really happy with mine man. Had it over a year, been great for the price. I recently swapped in a Mangaflow bullet for the Dynomax, but it sounded real nice to me even before. I just wanted to try something different.

If you have a formula or t/a, smoked tips ftw. They look great. Do add a bit to the cost though.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I posted a link for the TSP Rumbler in your other thread.... lol

Personally I like the LM. I think its a love hate exhuast. But if you like LOUD in your face quite evident I'm driving a V8 type of sound then it's hard to beat. I think running it with cats is better than not. But I really don't know whta this rasp is people speak of?

The LM 2 is quieter than the LM, but I've heard mixed views about it. Some claim the LM2 drones more, but I hinestly don't know. The LM's are modular, so if you buy one you can buy the muffler for the other and swap between.

Personally I'd go for the LM1, if you found it too loud then simply swap the muffler out. Although I'd probably go for a Borla or Maganflow bullet muffler over the LM2.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
I posted a link for the TSP Rumbler in your other thread.... lol

Personally I like the LM. I think its a love hate exhuast. But if you like LOUD in your face quite evident I'm driving a V8 type of sound then it's hard to beat. I think running it with cats is better than not. But I really don't know whta this rasp is people speak of?

The LM 2 is quieter than the LM, but I've heard mixed views about it. Some claim the LM2 drones more, but I hinestly don't know. The LM's are modular, so if you buy one you can buy the muffler for the other and swap between.

Personally I'd go for the LM1, if you found it too loud then simply swap the muffler out. Although I'd probably go for a Borla or Maganflow bullet muffler over the LM2.
True duals FTWL