Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody else sick of gmmg rasp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody else sick of gmmg rasp?

I have hooker long tubes that flow into the hooker ory which then flows into the gmmg exhaust. Don't get me wrong I love the sound of the gmmg but the rasp w/o the cats is just driving me nuts!! With the gmmg being so expensive I'm not sure if I want to buy a whole new exhaust or just buy a y-pipe with cats? I'm afraid that when I put a new cam in this winter the rasp will be unbearable!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just placed an order for the QTP LT's with catted ORY to go with my GMMG exhaust on my 98 WS6.

Ive been told that the best way to reduce the rasp is to go with cats...from the exhaust side of things...
Old 09-29-2006, 12:30 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do not want to invest in the cats, you can get rid of 80% of the rasp by installing a 3" dynomax bullet in the I-Pipe of the GMMG. I had that setup on my personal car for quite awhile. While it was quite a bit better, that rasp in the cruising range of the RPMs drove me nuts. Cats will also get rid of most of the rasp, but it will also tone the exhaust down quite a bit along with a few HP. Whether that is good or bad is up to you.

I finally moved onto a different chambered setup though: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/583963-exclusive-classic-chambered-powerpacks-not-powersticks-pics-videos-dyno-inside.html