Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the TPS sensor???

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the TPS sensor???

Ok every now and then my car will do this. It will be idling just fine and then it will drop to about 300 like its about to die and then it will pull it self back up to around 500-600 which is normal. If I put it in drive and let out on the pedal with out giving it gas it will kind of cut out a little. It doesnt do this all the time just sometimes??? Does any one know what this could be?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

sounds like an IAC motor problem to me.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

sounds like ur car is in open loop mode before it switches over to closed loop mode.

either that or it something simple like a clogged fuel filter.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:28 PM
On the tree

I am going to go with a dirty IAC or bad IAC motor.

Pull the TB and pull the IAC motor. Clean the pintle off with some carb cleaner and clean out the IAC passage with some carb cleaner. Reinstall it. Then once on the car hook everything up and turn the car on. Then unhook the IAC plug and turn the car on. Now turn the car off and hook the IAC back up and turn teh car back on. Wait a couple of seconds then start the car.

It may take a couple of cycles and the car will reset the IAC pintle distance for idle. You may also just have a IAC motor going bad as well.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

well I thought I found the problem guys but turned out I didnt. Today I went to autozone and had my car scanned because of the ses light. I had codes for both rear o2's being lean. popped my hood to do a quick inspection on some vacuum lines and what do I notice?? I notice a good size hole in the vacuum line that goes into the intake on the passenger side of the TB. The vacuum line goes all the way to the rear and I didnt know exactly which hose this was for. When I would place my finger over the hole my car would change in idle. Went home and fixed the problem and now I got my ses light off but I think my car still doing the idle thing. It was after I let my car sit for a couple hours and I started it up and I could tell it was still acting up. Is the IAC motor the one on the top or bottom? I know driver side of TB but I see 2 different things.