Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corsa or slp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question corsa or slp?

hey just got a 2000 z28 and im definitley goingto change out the exhaust and so far im stuck between corsa and slp lm. i've wanted slp lm/s for a while because ofthe loudness obviously and the preformance gains. then ive herd that it can be annoying on long rides because ofthe drone. so i started looking around and found corsa. love the sound, nice and clar little to any rasp from what i've herd and its got great tips, plus its quiet on cruise. but i was looking through some post and herd that corsa exhaust has a defect and the baffle falls out. is this just a a few inciddences or is this what ill be looking forward to if i get one? im looking for any oppion of the two with support on why i should get it over the other one. thanks for suggestions.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Don't limit yourself to just those two systems, there's a ton more available in that price range. I personally have a BB system and love it, great sound and no drone and its 100% SS.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do what i did: get the corsa and weld in a cutout. the corsa's sound quality is FAR superior to the SLP loudmouth, which is pretty much just noise and no tone. the corsa is very civilized crusing around town and dead silent cruising down the highway. no lie, it's about as quiet as stock driving 70 mph down the expressway. at WOT, it screams and is pretty wicked. it's definitely one of the best tones out there, and the tips can't be beat.

then, when you want to be loud, open up your cutout. btw, cutouts sound A LOT better than the SLP loudmouth. don't ask me how. the cutout is deeper and sounds meaner, and yet there is little to no rasp on stock manifolds and cats. i drive with my cutout open all the time. then, if you ever take a long highway trip, just bolt the cap on!

this is an easy decision, man. with corsa you get quiet when you want it, good craftsmanship and the best looks, and with the cutout you get wicked loud and agressive with the ability to turn it off whenever you want.

with the loudmouth you get raw sound that you have to deal with all the time.

i love the adaptability of my system. let's not forget, if you buy a loudmouth, you'll likely get rid of it if you ever get headers. it'll turn into horribly raspy noise and it'll be awful. the corsa will still sound great with a catted-y. hell, it'll sound even more agressive while still retaining the "quiet when you want it" feature. then, when you wanna be ungodly loud, uncap the cutout again! if money is no issue, this is a no-brainer in my book.

btw, a link to what my corsa sounds like is in my sig. note that the car is much deeper in person and the camera only picked up the high frequency range of the WOT run. the at-idle revs, however, sound close to what it sounds like in real life. if you like how my video sounds, you'll love it even more in person because it sounds a whole lot better.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

That Corsa baffle post may have been mine, but anyway, from what ive read on here you absolutely DONT want SLP LM with headers. Everyone says it sounds like ***, uber loud and raspy, take it off your list if your gona get headers. But if your not gona get headers LM has one of the meanest sounds for an LS1, only problem is the drone will drive you nuts if you log enough tme behind the wheel (it did for me).

I can go on for a while here telling you my experiences with exhausts but I would suggest you run a search on here and read up for literally days about exhuasts before you make a decision. Or you'll end up like most of us and get 2-3 exhausts blow lotsa $$$$ before you land the "right" one. I would point you towards GMMG for an ORY set-up or true duals. You can't go wrong with a Corsa set-up, it sounds awesome when you want but im not sure how serious that baffle issue is.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

well im probably going to lean with corsa then if the baffle thing isn't an issue ive listen to the soundboards corsa just sounds the best too me.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my Corsa but I would look at the GMMG and probably try it. The Corsa looks great and sounds awsome. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

yea gmmg is pretty monsterous sounding
Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go with Corsa. Then, after you hear my car you will go with True Duals .
Old 10-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

yea corsa seems like its one step down from borla, three things i like about corsa over borla is, 1 i can find it almost $150 cheaper, 2 bigger tips, and 3 there is no adjusting its quiet on cruise and lound on WOT.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Corsa can be $200 more, I would still go buy it over Borla. My car had Magnaflows already, if not I would get a Corsa.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

ive seen corsa with with the dual/dual tips for as low as $633.99 and borla for $800 or a little over $800
Old 10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

what chocotaco said was retarded, . . why get a catback if your runnin the cutout "all the time"? . . that was a waste of 800 bux my friend, . . . here's what my friend did, . . he had a flowmaster and told him it sucked performance-wise so he bought jus the corsa oval muffler and had it weld on, . .it is super quiet at idle and loud wicked at WOT . . . . definatley do that, .. i think the muffler was jus over 200 though!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

yea i had flowmaster on my 96 camaro 6 banger, and it wasnt bad for the 6 it came with a resonator to stopp the rasp, but iv'e her that flowmaster, atleast the 80 series muffler that goes on our cars shows very little to any preformance.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
what chocotaco said was retarded, . . why get a catback if your runnin the cutout "all the time"? . . that was a waste of 800 bux my friend, . . . here's what my friend did, . . he had a flowmaster and told him it sucked performance-wise so he bought jus the corsa oval muffler and had it weld on, . .it is super quiet at idle and loud wicked at WOT . . . . definatley do that, .. i think the muffler was jus over 200 though!
you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. first off, i didn't put the corsa on my car. when i bought it, it was already on it. i added the cutout because i like obscene amounts of noise. most people aren't like me. secondly, i told him to get a cutout for the days where he wants to be "that guy" and for the days he goes to the track. the only thing "retarded" in this thread are your reading comprehension skills. are we clear?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Choco, I thought your car had a dual/dual on it when you bought it

At least that's what I think I remember reading
Old 10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
Choco, I thought your car had a dual/dual on it when you bought it

At least that's what I think I remember reading
yea, about that... long story. it's a corsa.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Lucky bastard Scored a car that came with an 800 dollar exhaust, sweet deal.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
. . . . i guess someone isn't clear, . . . . . . . .
Old 10-08-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
. . . . i guess someone isn't clear, . . . . . . . .
Because he didn't realize at first that he did indeed have a Corsa instead of a dual/dual?

Just deal with the fact he said nothing about buying the Corsa himself anywhere in this thread. All he said was "get the Corsa" which in his case, was implying "so you'll be where I was when I purchased my vehicle." Not trying to be a dick, but just let it go man.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
Lucky bastard Scored a car that came with an 800 dollar exhaust, sweet deal.
yea, i did luck out, it was the $850 system with the premium pro tips

that being said, it's a great quality system. flows very well, too. my car feels noticibly more sluggish with my cutout open. it feels a LOT less torquey down low for sure. as for fuel mpg, i've lost at least 1 mpg opening my cutout over the corsa due to the loss in torque...and NO it's NOT from driving harder. i purposely drove my car like a grandma for 150 miles and filled up and i STILL got 1 mpg less than i did driving my car in a shitty city work commute and romping on it every now and then also, i actually lost 1 mpg from installing a FTRA system that's supposed to increase your fuel economy...i went from 22 mpg to 20 mpg and i'm still driving the same oh well, fuel filter swap tomorrow, maybe i'll gain it back