Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pwerstick mufflers too loud......

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pwerstick mufflers too loud......

Currently have powersticks in my TD set-up........dumped......The interior rattling is killing me so I want to change things up. I have thought about going under the axle with this set-up. I love the sound of the powersticks, but not the rasp......I was thinking about putting either cats or small mufflers in the under-axle section, before the tips......I have searched on the cats idea but found no definite answer. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thanks

John
Old 10-07-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

you gotta go 1-chamber flows
Old 10-07-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Cats that far from the header won't do anythinbg more than a muffler would. Cats need to be close to the header to function properly. Run the exhaust out the back and see how you like it. If you still dont like it add the cats off the header.

Or look into fitting some longer power sticks under your car, if you can.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02WikdZ
Currently have powersticks in my TD set-up........dumped......The interior rattling is killing me so I want to change things up. I have thought about going under the axle with this set-up. I love the sound of the powersticks, but not the rasp......I was thinking about putting either cats or small mufflers in the under-axle section, before the tips......I have searched on the cats idea but found no definite answer. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thanks

John
ANYTHING dumped under the car is going to be VERY loud - even with stock mufflers. Run the exhaust out the back of the car & your noise problem will be gone.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size Powersticks are you running. I agree with Powerstick, run it to the back if you can't handle the noise.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flaminchiten67
Run the exhaust out the back and see how you like it. If you still dont like it add the cats off the header.
Good advice. I would definitely do this.