Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW EXHAUST HELP!!!!!! Chicago people come in!

Old 10-07-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool NEW EXHAUST HELP!!!!!! Chicago people come in!

OK so this winter I plan on getting a set of pacesetter LT's and I was wondering if anyone knows the emission laws for illinois so i kno whether or not I have to get cat's or not because I use this car as a daily driver during the nice seasons. If i don't have to worry I will just get and ory but if not what kind of catted y do you recomend?
Old 10-07-2006, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

i live up in hoffman estates.
i just passed with no cats, air, or egr. just get all that crap tuned out and youll pass
Old 10-07-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true, . .i took my ws6 jus with a cutout only to the emissions testing station, . . i wanted to see what they would do when i get my off road pacesetters with deleted cats, . . . i revved it a lil more than normal to see if they would give me a more "thorough" exam anyway all they did was tap into my OBD system, . read fine, .. and drove home, . . i did see however a couple lanes down a guy with mirrors checkin out the system, . . to be safe i will gut some cheap *** cats and slide my piping through them, .. NOT WELD THEM,. . if you know what i mean, so i'll appear catted but im not . . . good luck! .. . . another thing, . . before the exam the guy took my gas cap off and put something on it, . . what was that all about???
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
true, . .i took my ws6 jus with a cutout only to the emissions testing station, . . i wanted to see what they would do when i get my off road pacesetters with deleted cats, . . . i revved it a lil more than normal to see if they would give me a more "thorough" exam anyway all they did was tap into my OBD system, . read fine, .. and drove home, . . i did see however a couple lanes down a guy with mirrors checkin out the system, . . to be safe i will gut some cheap *** cats and slide my piping through them, .. NOT WELD THEM,. . if you know what i mean, so i'll appear catted but im not . . . good luck! .. . . another thing, . . before the exam the guy took my gas cap off and put something on it, . . what was that all about???
its part of their testing. they do it by me everytime i go for emissions. they check the gas cap to make sure it holds pressure(prevents gas vapor from escaping). it depends on what state, where you are in that state, and what tests they have to run. i got a computer scan, run on their dyno smog machine, and gas cap check on my 96'. these guys must not of liked me.

Search this Thread