Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vaccuum leak/whine!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccuum leak/whine!!!!!!

I have a weiand lingenfelter intake and I have this loud wine coming from the front of the intake where the throttle body and hoses are. It sounds like a supercharger at idle and when revving slightly and its getting on my nerves. It **** up the idle and makes it choppy. I replaced the gaskets like someone on here said I should do but that didnt solve the problem. I thought I found a vacuum hose that was lose in the front of the intake right behind the throttle body and I fixed that but It still whines! Has anybody experienced this? What should I do?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good question bro. I had a friend with that same intake and problem. He replaced hoses, gaskets, sensors and etc. We could never figure out the prob so he sold it(lol). Any body wanna put some input on dis?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM

How thats very unsettling. I'm going to do the same thing if I cant fix it, probably just buy an LS6 intake. I wish somebody knew how to fix this!