Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my Dynatech Supermaxx today.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my Dynatech Supermaxx today.

So I finally got the time to install my headers I got from a member of this site (01TA). They are stainless dynatech suppermaxx header system. These headers went in so easily. It only took me about 6hrs to install by myself.

As far as the install. This was a COMPLETE SYSTEM (headers, cats, Y-pipe, O2 ext., bandclamps, headerbolts,and gaskets) with excellent instructions. I put my car on ramps, and then jacked it up from there just unloading the suspension. That was plenty of room. The pass. side went rite in. My only problem at this point was the lack of hands and not being able to be at two places at once, being that I was working alone. The drivers side had to be manipulated a bit, two minutes it was in. Didn't even have to remove the oil filter. The y-pipe went in easily as welll and tucked up nicely.

I got a set of gear wrenches just for the job and I didn't even use them. A set of ratchets, metric sockets, swivels, torque wrench, and plenty of extensions got the job done with NO difficulties. I "rented" a tailpipe expander from Autozone to mate the Y-pipe to the I-pipe.

I would recommend this header system to anybody. I honestly believe that they are very underrated. They are stainless, fitment is outstanding, the ease of install, the kit comes with EVERYTHING you need, and high quality. Everybody keeps talking about Kooks and QTP being the best, don't get me wrong they are high quality products, I think These are rite up there with them. Sure one could get a FEW hp higher with OTP HVMC or kooks, but how many had to cut their k-member, shave their block, or be forced in buying a specific expensive Y-pipe.

Sorry for the commercial but these headers are rarely talked about.

Jason
Old 10-15-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

If I was to go back to LT's, I would ONLY get these.....They look amazingly clean when installed, also look to be very good high quality materials used.....I envy u
Old 10-15-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think their price is the only thing that turns people seriously off. They are a gorgeous exhaust!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ryanfx
I think their price is the only thing that turns people seriously off. They are a gorgeous exhaust!
The price isn't really THAT bad considering everything that comes with the setup IMO
Old 10-15-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default What is a good price?

How much should one be paying for the system?

Search this Thread