Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my new headers and Y!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just ordered my new headers and Y!

So have any of u fellas ever bought the BYUNSPEED coatted Pacesetters and then bought the Texas Speed Catted-Y? Ever had any issues with the two matching up? Also is thier a signifficant power differance that i will notice? Just ur basic axiouse curiosity about the new parts. Im happy im finnaly gonna have full exhaust after hounding the wife for almost 2 years after getting the L/M!!! I think my next steps gonna be gears and a tune since its probably gonna take another 2 years before she lets me spend the money on a cam, never mind heads!!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had both the TSP catted y and off road y. With the LM you'll be glad you got the catted y pipe, it's going to sound really good

The headers will fit right in like a glove and the TSP Y pipes fit very nicely. Good luck!

oh right.. You'll feel a strong power difference in the upper RPM's.. as if LS1's didn't keep on pulling from the factory =p
Old 10-15-2006, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

how about the toruqe in the low end though, will it pull any harder off the line?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you amy "feel" slower or may even loose a bit off your low end, but it will be palced higher in the band so what you loose down low will be made up in the high end plus some
Old 10-15-2006, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

really? Cause i already noticed with the cut-out in the place of the resonator, it feels like i lost some in the low-end, but i thought i would make it all up with the headers cause i thought u gained all around with L/Ts
Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're right, you may FEEL slower in the low end because you just bumped up your top end a good bit. Coupled with the fact you have the LS6 intake you're gonna like You wont be disappointed with the pacesetters, I have the same ones and they fit like a champ with my TSP duals. Dont forget to have the obligatory open header fire up

-J