Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitment of TSP ORY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fitment of TSP ORY?

Those with pacesetter long tubes and tsp ory, how much clearance do you have on the drivers side between the pipe and the floor pan? If I have 1/16" I'm lucky.......I'm sure it's gonna bang like a sob <even with poly/poly mounts>.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably have a quarter inch clearance. But we tucked mine pretty good...I've seen worse. Mine dosent really bang, it just vibrates for a couple sec during hard acceleration.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat. The adjustability is cool, but it does run close to that floorboard (which I suppose all good Y-pipes should). The only ones that are better for that area are the ones with oval piping (stock and Kooks?). I've thought about just wrapping that area of the Y-pipe in header wrap. That's what I did on my old car and it eliminated some exhaust banging sounds.

Also, but some band clamps to replace the crappy U-bolts they give you. Much better clearance on both top and bottom. I don't scrape on anything now unless I hit a big speed bump fast. When I have the U-bolts on there, I had to be VERY VERY careful going over even medium speed bumps.