Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at Jet Hots -What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are good headers. but there are more cheaper headers like the pacesetters. i think thats why nobody has mentioned jet hots in awhile.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at Jet Hots -What do you think?

Seems like a good set-up that will run cooler than the average long tube set-up. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks
Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had jet hots on my LT1... no complaints EXCEPT that the EGR tube was so off that I had to get another header, delayed me a week or so. Other than that, customer service was top notch (paid for the crap one to be shipped to them, shipped me another damn fast for FREE). It's tough to beat the pacesetter deal tho, it's what I have on my LS1 now, and I couldn't have been happier with the install, so damn easy. You can't lose is the way I look at it.

-J
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of installing mine right now. Just taking a break. They look great. Being as they are not stainless like kooks or QTP, if I were to do it again, I would have saved up for stainless or just bought some pacesetters.

The passenger side slid up no problems. The drivers side on the other hand was a little frustrating. I ended up grinding about a 1/4" off the little tab on the block then it went right in.

I've also heard mixed opinions about the ory/catted y from jet hot though. I just figured I'd deal with it and bought the package from lmperformance. But I'm having a little trouble fitting it all together. It seems like a little more adjustment and it'll go together, but I've had to slide my whole catback(LMII) forward almost 2 inches in all to get it to fit and I still have more to go. Just kinda strange. But I'm also doing it while on jackstands. I'm sure it would be a thousand times easier on a lift. Just my $.02

Rick M.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

My friend has em and they're rusty as **** already. If your not goin stainless, may as well go cheaper like Pacesteer.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

^^ That's wierd, how long did he have 'em? I had mine installed in november, daily drove it through snow, salt, rain, etc... when I sold the car they were just a little hazy, no rust tho. Too bad to hear about that.

-J
Old 10-17-2006, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Ya hes had em on at least two years but his car was down for about six months with a blown motor. Yes it's driven in the rain.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Sucks, I guess maybe I didn't have mine long enough When I do heads down the road I'll probably spring for some stepped kooks anyhow.