Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lts/ory/cutout...what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lts/ory/cutout...what should i do?

the exhaust set up on my 98 t/a is pretty much stock except for a cutout in the I-pipe pretty close to the Y. i want to get some 3" pacesetter lt's and an ory-pipe, so how could I do that if I just keep the cat-back the stock size and keep the cutout on? thanks for your help
Old 10-19-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Resident

Im assuming u mean 1 3/4 size headers and 3" ory... i would suggest just going to an exhaust shop and having them fab u up some tru duals with bullets over the axle. It seems kind of pointless to get the ory and lt's then keep the exhaust stock, but to each his own. Are you keeping the rest of the exhaust stock for the noise?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

he has a cutout and probably intends on running it open pretty often. im assuming the cutout has a 2.5" or 2.75" inlet for your stock i-pipe, so u could go to an exhaust shop and have a reducer welded in to connect the 3" y-pipe junction to the smaller i-pipe. now, birdman does have a point...if u ever feel like running your cutout closed, u might wanna upgrade your muffler (no need to buy a whole new catback system when u already have a cutout welded into the i-pipe) so when u run your cutout closed u wont have the restriction from the stock muffler.