Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP lid/bellow install...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP lid/bellow install...

Ok everyone...I've had it for a while and yet to install my SLP bellow and SLP lid...anyone done a write-up for this specific to a Ram Air? I'm not sure and I hope this is the right place to post this...thanks everyone for your help...the one thing I'm unsure about is what to do with the AIR pump hose that is coming up...thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you bought the correct SLP lid for a 2002 there should be an 'L' shaped fitting that connects to the AIR hose on the drivers side of the lid. There should be a hole on that side of the lid for the fitting and they also give you a small length of tube for the AIR hose connection.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont need a write up this is stupidly simple. take off your old lid an belllows. Theyre held on with band clamps. after that take out the MAF sensor thats stuck in your lid, you may need to use a blow dryre to help coax it out. next pull the IAT sensor out w/ some pliers (be careful!). After that just put the bellows on, put the MAF into the new lid and put all your clamps on. now yur read to clamp the lid back onto the new bellows and yur done.