Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hedman Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hedman Headers

I'm in the market for a set of cheap affordable LT headers and the hedman's really fit my budget I found a place where I can get the headers(painted) and ory for $314 shipped brand new I know that coated or stainless would be my bet and will look great for a long time but I have FRC's to hide them and I have so many other things I want to do with my car like a tune for the headers,a stall, and a little bit later a cam and mods for our cars are expensive and I have heard alot of good things about hedman headers but I would still like to ask a couple of questions from the people who own hedman headers like are there any problems with installing them, any fitment issues with them and the y, what size are they really some people say 1 1/2 to 1 5/8 and some say 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 but I saw a set and the primary's look like a pretty decent size, and how much power was gained by using them I never hear any thing about the power that was gained by using them. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bad fitment and quality, go coated pace setters. dont ever get painted ones. they will rust, and underhood temps get high
Old 10-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad fitment and quality? Prove it
Old 10-23-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

my cousin justin has them on his camaro. the welds on his looked kinda crappy compared to pacesetters, and he had them ceramic coated and its chipping off, and our roads arent salted,w e dont live anywhere near the beach, and it hasnt rained often here. and on top of that it took him like 8 hours tog et themb itches to go in, he kept having to pry on one of the tubes cuz it kept rubbing all voer the k member. so theres my proof.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was unaware of that problem because I've heard alot of good things from people who have them I have recieved a feedback from another guy from another lsx forum who has them on his car and he said that they fit great, are great quality(i'm sure not the best), and he felt a noticable difference in power and the price is great for them because after installing LT's I want to get my car tuned for optimum gain and if I get the hedman's with the tune it would still be about $900+ with a tune but if I get coated pacesetters it's gonna cost me about $1200+ with a tune i'm also planning on installing a asp pulley along with LT's which I could use the extra $300 for and I also plan on buying a stall in about a month after LT's so im really trying to budget myself here and I really would like to hear about the power gained from using them and would'nt the coating peeling off be the company who coated them fault thanks for your input.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

get pace setters that are coated. theyre more or less the same price, and skip the pulley, its pretty worthless.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Damn 1200 for LTs, ORY, and tune? I know pacesetters coated are running near 500 SHIPPED from many sponsors here. No experience with hedmans but I've seen painted headers end up looking not so nice... Good luck man, can't recommend pacesetters enough

-J
Old 10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

shazam!
http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=182&catid=8

coated apce setters with the ORY. a mail roder tune runs 250 bucks, theres 750. get some LOCKING header bolts and re-use stock gaskets. bolt are normally 30-80 bucks depending on how fancy you wanna be.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine fit just great. I had no issues and could feel a very big difference. If I was keeping my car unmodded or lightly modded, I'd keep Hedman Hedders on it.